The bishops and diocesan staff (except for Camp Washington staff) have offices in a circa-1900 converted residence in the West End of Hartford.A convention resolution in 2011 approved exploring a move to a more modern facility in the near future and a committee of Executive Council is charged with overseeing that process.
May 15, 2012: Here's a link to a survey for Episcopalians in CT to share their thoughts about the move/new building:
Diocesan House is used for individual meetings, small group workshops and meetings (up to about 40 people), and is often used on weekends for vestry retreats or search committee retreats. Visitors are always welcome.
There is an underground vault for a large archives collection and researchers come from all over to use the material.
There is a small chapel, All Saints Chapel, on the first floor of Diocesan House. It has been used for reading the Daily Offices and starting in 2012 has been used for reading through the Bible in a year, with selected chapters read outloud each day. Reading starts at 8:45 a.m. On Wednesdays, the bishops and priests on staff take turns celebrating and preaching at a service of Holy Eucharist. That service begins at 12:15 p.m. All others in the diocese (and beyond) are welcome to attend the daily reading sessions and the weekly Eucharist.
In 2011 the receptionist position was eliminated, which led to implementing an automated phone answering system. Link here for that information.
| | Share